Friday 12 October 2012

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY


Last year at this time; not only was Bhutan and Bhutanese people  into a celebration mood and enjoyed the joyous moment, it was also the international community that was abuzz with the news of His Majesty the fifth King's marriage to  her Majesty the Queen Azhi Jetsun Pema. The historic wedding caught the attention of every major newspaper in the world.

 Although I missed all those moments of celebrations and togetherness as the whole nation came together back at home; I was equally happy and excited in foreign Land. I may not have seen, and hear  the joyful cries of their majesties and the public at large,  I could still feel that exuberance.


 I can still feel that excitement and exhilaration. 

His majesty the king walked hand-in-hand with the Queen and turned his romantic self inside out, publicly kissing the Queen not once but thrice, throwing the people at the wedding reception into a rapturous frenzy.

So in this light I would like offer my purest of prayers and wishes for the first anniversary of the Royal wedding. May the eternal sun of happiness always shine on the Land of Thunder Dragon under the dynamic and visionary guidance of their Majesties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...