Tuesday 16 April 2013

Thank You ABSA

Four years ago, when I was in first year there were just eight of us (Bhutanese) here at Allahabad, and we were with Nepalese fraternity then. We (freshers) were formally received and welcomed by the Bhutanese-Nepali fraternity, I felt homely surrounded by generous seniors and there wasn't even a drop of homesick or stress that fall upon me. We also had a simple farewell night for the pass out students the same year. It was at hotel Milan (civillines). Each outgoing seniors shared their experiences of the stay out here. I (as an audience) could feel the excitement and sense of satisfaction and the sentiments they have had. I silently asked myself then: “When will my day come? When will I pass out?” I felt four years was too long and that the time was not moving at all. I did not realize until Sunday night when I was standing on the podium, when we were warmly invited for the Farewell night by the Allahabad Bhutanese Students Association (ABSA). It seems four years has gone in a blink and that it was just yesterday when I first walked this place.

Allahabad Bhutanese student Association (ABSA) has just been started and I feel happy for being its member since its inception. It was started with less than 30 students and now we have more than 50 members which is a pretty good number. The beauty that defines ABSA as an Association is the cooperation and respect we have for each other, the sense of belonging as one family, the helping hand we have in times of need and the moral responsibility we all bear in mind as an ambassadors in foreign land.  We also have quite a number of in-service members to guide and advice us who, despite their family and children back at home are managing so well with youngsters and that’s so inspiring and encouraging.

And the Sunday’s night summarized it all! The kind and generous gesture the ABSA fraternity has shown was wonderful; the entertainment programs were all interesting and creative. It will be cherished throughout. Although the time we have spent together has not been quantitatively concrete, yet I am sure the quality time we spent together in both formal and informal gatherings has left in everyone’s heart a memorable picture that will be remembered throughout our life.

With this I would like to extend my heartfelt thank and appreciation to the entire members of ABSA for the  kind and generous gesture shown to us (me) as an outgoing member. I have enjoyed every program. I am also happy with the election of the next executive members, which was purely democratic. Hope the ABSA will soar higher than ever and the Bhutanese fraternity will continue with the same spirit in the days to come.

At the same time, if ever I have done something wrong that might have directly or indirectly hurt anyone of you, I would like to take this chance to beg pardon and take back all those negative impressions. I take only the good memories and yes, the time we spent together will be missed, but nevertheless it will be forever printed and remembered. 

Thank You All...

Tshewang Dorji


6 comments:

  1. Oh, bro., you are gonna be done with your course? I know how nostalgic it feels. :( Anyways, a big congratulation! And all the best for your future endeavours. I didn't you were in final year. My bad! Since we have become good blogger friends, say hi if we happen to meet around Bhutan. By the way I have still 2 more years to go. Tashi Delek chana wai. Shonang mafiwa ani fana gidu? Happy and sad at the same time such moments are! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much bro!
      Its just four years course and yes I am happy to have got good blogger friends like you. hope we will meet in person back at home and can have quality time.
      Hmm...Shonang bu fayna, Young bu kheysay ann cha wai...:)

      Delete
  2. You have ended one phase of your life, congratulation for that. And this end ofcourse means start of yet another phase. All the best 4 that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherab; yea end of one is the beginning of another.

      Delete
  3. Your trace in ABSA will be always nourished though you may be away from us. You guys will be remembered and may you find good place back at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. president
      Hope ABSA will be lifted to is place under your dynamic leadership and I wish you all the best.

      Delete

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...