Wednesday 4 September 2013

Failures, Frustrations and Final Relief


Life is not always smooth, there are loads of boulders along the way and ultimately its fate and luck that decide and dominate the torrents of life’s episodes (this is what I Feel!). We never know for sure as to what is in store for us and what is to unfold tomorrow or the next day. Sometimes what we expect doesn’t happen while what we don’t aspire and even dream  in our wildest dream happens unexpectedly and that’s when we are made to pause for a moment and ask ourselves as to what this really means and what the hell this has to do with us anyway?

There is not one incident, even a tiny one that isn’t linked and I believe everything is intricately intertwined to each other and there are chains of events that follow. The worst curse that one consider come as the biggest blessing in the later part and the biggest mistakes or decisions one make are only indications or harbinger of something good and vice versa, which we fail to realize often.  Everything happens for reason in fact!

A lot has happened within three months. Since graduation,(in the month of May), there was this constant fear of getting ignored by the society as a whole, this constant fear of failing and being left alone. The consistent thought of “what if at all I am unable to repay my parent’s debt?, what if I don’t get job and am unable to stand on my own feet?, how will I live up to those who has place in loads of trust and hope?” has drained calories of energies and the thought of how do I live up to the expectations of some sections of society was even more torturing and distressing. Yes it is one thing to be able to walk, but another very different thing to be able to walk in equal pace with others with our head held high!

However the period was also one of the busiest, although it was literally a vacation after the college days.  The discouraging vacancy announcements (for it was just one at the most) in organizations like Bhutan Power Corporation Ltd, Bhutan Broad Casting Service Ltd and Drukair Corporation Ltd kept me engaged somehow. I was ever ready and willing to hop on where ever I get into for there was huge and tough competition. The most distressing and discouraging moment was on 3rd August when the Royal Service Commission (RCSC) announced its vacancies in its website. My profession had just single vacant seat and the number of students vying was more than two scores!

Suddenly the struggles of more than dozens of year’s study seemed to halt! The only thought that came was that I might be left unemployed! That was the moment when I knew for myself how greedy I was. There was no peace of mind, the days were restless and the nights sleepless. Anyone who has gone through this stage will know I am sure and those of you who haven’t yet experience will definitely come for sure at some point of time.

Anyway the vacancies that were announced often in corporations kept my breath and there was little hope. Drukair Corporation was the last to announce its vacancies but the first to complete its formalities- written examination and selection interview. It was also the organization that had highest number of vacant seats which was also the most encouraging. Despite so many rumors going around about Drukair being the most corrupted organization when it comes to recruitment which was disadvantage for people like me. The only way was to prove myself worth and deserving and on due day it was most relieving to see my name amongst five others. Thank you triple gem, thank you parents, Teachers and thank you everyone who has directly or indirectly involved in making me stand where I stand now

This is where I begin another thread of my life and I look forward to serving it to the best of my ability.

11 comments:

  1. All the best for your new journey bro. Be the best as you always have been. Take care.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro for dropping by and for encouraging comment...
      All the best and tkr you too..:)

      Delete
  2. Nice nice...you got job immediately after your graduation. Your friends will have to wait for another couple of years or so hahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bro.
      Ngong pa nub thawa oie, otherwise i also might have to roam around through the streets of capital...;)

      Delete
  3. So nice to hear you got a job, bro. Congratulations! I am sure you will do your best. Although we haven't met in person, I have known you enough through virtual world of blogging and facebook. And I know we will have to go through the same process as you did. Ours could get even worse as the number of graduates keep escalating year after year. All the best for your job and any other future endeavours. Do well, bro. Shonang fiwa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bro for wonderful comment and yea i do know you well enough frm social media and friends and i am sure you will do better. I wish you all the best.
      Hope we will meet once in person......;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for clearing the doubt about Druk Air. Rumours has it that there will already be a pre-selected candidate before the recruitment begins, look like thats false.

    Update us on Druk Air's happenings :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for dropping by. Yea with little hope i applied in drukair and infact it was all rumors! Every procedure is documented which can be accessed if we want.
    And i would definitely keep updating about the drukair. Keep visiting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for dropping by. Yea with little hope i applied in drukair and infact it was all rumors! Every procedure is documented which can be accessed if we want.
    And i would definitely keep updating about the drukair. Keep visiting...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Tshewang, I m happy for you and wish you a successful career. May you rise higher with every flight drukair takes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir for your lovely comment and for dropping by....:)

      Delete

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...