Saturday 1 September 2012

Dreams and Nightmares

Lately dreams and nightmares have been constant companion with me and at times I am even beginning to fear myself! because the dreams have been rather scary and dreadful which often leave  me in a state of bewilderment upset and frightening. And somehow every dreams seems to involve my parents or someone I care about. The worst thing is that I can't really remember and recollect it all clearly and completely; it is always a kind of blur, out of blue and horrendous. I was just wondering if these are all precursor to something unexpected and unfortunate. I am just scared!

With all these kind of stuffs nagging around my life; I also called my parents back at home and they were all good which was but a great relief for me but more alarming was when I heard that same kind of situation was what my mother is into these days. Does this mean something or am I being more superstitious? At this very instant of time I am but a helpless and I am just scared if my emotions and sensibility is tested by the invisible force of unknown.

source: Google
Dreams...;hmm; well, why do we dream at all in the middle of night or in the middle of peaceful sleep? why do such nightmares make us cry sometimes or even make us sweat and scream in the middle of nowhere? I have never clearly understood what dreams are meant for? Does it supplement or complement one's desires of unfulfilled and reach? Does it convey some kind of messages that needs to be discerned with all the precautions and care? Or is it kind of pre- warning that is making us aware of and pacing us the way we lead and live? But then why do we not remember it all completely and clearly. Does this add more mystery and weight of dreadfulness?

I was trying to open the book (study) yesterday after the breakfast but before I even realized I was dozed off and there was this terrible dream; where I was unable to save two people from being washed away by the river which seemed very outrageous. I was carrying a baby girl on my hands and walking up the steep slope with much difficulty and suddenly I had to witness that terrible scene in front of my own eyes. After a gasp of breath and tearful eyes with fast heartbeat I was brought back to reality; Thank god! it was only a dream! It was noon by then.

I have always been in the middle; I mean I neither ignore those stuffs nor am I completely swayed by those unreal fantasies; but I wonder and am scared if such frightful bad dreams and nightmares  continue throughout? May be I should resort to some kind of remedy; but WHAT?

4 comments:

  1. Dreams, the ephemeral illusion that haunt our sleep are in times really harrowing, but then there are certain dreams which we long to see for ever.
    But what ever the case may be, dream is never a reality, so let it be la.
    Keep writing.
    -Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro; yeah Dreams are never a Reality1..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams...they are something created by an exhausted and disturbed mind. It is an illusion created by our subconscious mind. Its just like 'thinking' in an awake state so take it easy and be optimistic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah; But i was just wondering if such nightmares continue and that has instilled in me a kind of fear...but I am Ok now..:)
    thanks Rigzin!!

    ReplyDelete

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...