Skip to main content

My new Interest

If there is one thing that I regret right now at this very stage, it is about not participating in the games and sport during school times. I have never taken part in whatever games and sports the school conducted, for the reason being that I hardly saw future in that area. As being from mediocre family enjoyment or entertainment was never my bread and every time such opportunities came, I gave second thoughts like what if I get struck and not be able to fulfill my eventual goal? Ultimately it was the academic results that mattered and knowing that, I had always easy excuse when it came to PE classes. By the time I realized the importance of games and sports and other co-curricular activities other than bookish knowledge it was almost too late. It was during the college days in India, when I realized how much it is equally important and fortunately I had college mates who were all interested, most of who were first timers like me who had realized and who were interested to take chance and that’s when I also decided to learn; back then we used to play football the most every evening and surprisingly there was some improvements but sadly the habit got lost after the college days, after entering the world of work and now I see myself nowhere. You see the so-called interest also changes like season and it very much depends upon the environment we dwell.
And last year after going New Zealand for basic training, I started to try new interest: to play tennis, I watched the Wimbledon and US open and soon liked the game and we five of us started to play after class whenever the time permitted. The best thing about in New Zealand is the availability of public resources like outdoor games and sports facilities. There are beautiful parks with free playgrounds for any kind of games after few kilometers distance. The city council is doing excellent job to maintain those parks with beautiful flowers and trees around, clean and green. This is but simple difference between developed and underdeveloped country like ours! Here even if one has interest it is hard to materialize and resources like this are not available except in the schools or institutes or in military camps which are for themselves and sadly outsiders have to pay. But anyway lately I with four other friends have been visiting the lawn tennis court of NIE Paro almost every day. The fee is Nu. 100 for per hour and we have no choice but to adhere to for it is our best time pass these days as the work gets over early (it is still windy season!) a friend of mine plays well and he has been coaching us which is going so far so well.

Well, eventually I think it is never too late to learn in life. And there is nothing like this isn’t for me or that is never meant for me; what matters is the opportunity. There are few of the lists which I missed as small kid and during school life which I am considering to experience as the time goes on; Life is in fact a journey than the destination!

Popular posts from this blog

The GPL thing

If you are an engineering student in one of the engineering colleges of India, you would probably know what I am going to write about. GPL is one of the most prominent activities you will notice in the engineering college (I am not sure if it also exists in other colleges).  If you have birth day or if something good has happened to you, or get job, then you aren't escaped! You are treated even worse than the animal for a moment with hard leather belts, with slippers or even with rod of sticks until you have zebra crossings on your back. You don’t know whether to cry or to laugh. That is the immediate price of happening something good.
Nobody knows exactly as to how this GPL thing came into existence, but there isn't one who isn't aware of what happens in GPL. GPL stands for Gand Pe Laat. A friend of mine tells me that the concept of GPL originally started within a group of friends; when something good happens to one of the friend, others used to whip his ass (Gand) out of…

Thank You Mother Earth

A home for every existence A life of unlimited you nurture Fresh air and water, clean ambience The bound of kindness and patience You give, sustain and give And never are you fatigue Nor you restrain, rest or refuse Yet the greedy mind you gratify Wants more, exploits and doesn’t care
Here I stand healthy and walk with pride With all the luxurious glories of yours We know you can’t permanently give For this is the law you already know Wisely we shall use you and your wealth And advocate the message of early signs Which you displayed loud and clear Today, tomorrow or the next day We shall revive, protect and sustain
Thank you Mother Earth.....

13th October- Unforgettable Day

Life is strange you know.  So many things are happening and yet to us, it is the same and as usual. We hardly notice the change and the things that happen around us. Today is an important day for Bhutan and Bhutanese; a day to begin with prayer for long life of our king and queen; a day to celebrate over reminding ourselves that there is always hope with king and queen be side us at any cost.  I wish my king and queen a very happy wedding anniversary. May the land of thunder dragon always shine under your dynamic leadership and guidance! Unfortunately it was a bad and sad day for me! I nearly escaped deadly accident. I don’t know how many has been lucky enough just like me today at the very same time. Some are just so unfortunate.  Just yesterday before I went to bed, I had this very disturbing news from Perth, Australia about a brother of mine by relation who is studying under government scholarship. There was this very disturbing note by himself on Facebook, a heart breaking confess…