Skip to main content

Rukhsat 2K13 and Random Thoughts

It was just 11:30 PM (IST), I was reminiscing my day which was Rukhsat 2K13 (farewell for 2013 batch students of the college) looking at the pictures that were taken, my eyes were drooping, perhaps because I did not take nap during the day which I usually do for a while. I shut down my laptop and went to bed, but again I was taken aback to the moments of memories, the sleep got lost! So I was there lying on the bed like a lonely log in the middle of forest, eyes wide open staring at the ceiling, my mind racing with emotions and sentiments. I looked back about the college life, how it started, how it was about to end now and which part I was going to miss a lot. I have always been impatient as to when this will end, because I needed to do a lot like other friends who in my eyes are doing so good and which I envy, I needed to get a decent job like them and help my parents who has been struggling and still does and educate my siblings, but the time seemed still and that has made me so impatient. But having been able to wait and manage whatever came through up to now I was quite happy and satisfied.
.
College life is just the pro- beginning (not even beginning!) of everything in life. I reminded myself the last part of director sir’s speech who said at the opening of the function: “As a teacher, our speeches are never ended without advice and I have only two at this moment:
1. Serve your parents well for they are source of everything for you, what you are now is the very product of their hardships, dreams and aspirations.
2. Remember your institution (college) for this is where you start with everything in life.
Best of luck with the professional life ahead” It was short and sweet speech by the director sir. 

Then I look ahead, and all I could see was a shallow mist, an unclear clouded path, so many boulders to cross over, I realized the cross of one boulder only takes one before another; that the end of one is just the beginning of another set and that I was just at the beginning! A sudden pang of sadness crossed my mind, I felt tired and hopeless. What if I am unable to cross over the next boulder? What if I encounter mishaps along the way? What if I am unable to serve my parents and siblings, whom I owe so much? I thought about life, which we spent more than half of it studying only to start with as a new one. One thought lead to another and the sleep seemed to be gone forever. I tried to ignore, it was hard.  I tried to think about how it felt to wear our national dress in the foreign land  (a proud moment though) and how friends are fancied by the unique dress of Bhutanese. I tried to stop worrying about myself with flux of these feelings which haven’t even come yet.

 “Let me first complete my college life completely with a good result, and then deal with whatever comes” I consoled myself and took a notebook of notes written in some lecture class, read for a while until I was able to bring back the vanished sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

The GPL thing

If you are an engineering student in one of the engineering colleges of India, you would probably know what I am going to write about. GPL is one of the most prominent activities you will notice in the engineering college (I am not sure if it also exists in other colleges).  If you have birth day or if something good has happened to you, or get job, then you aren't escaped! You are treated even worse than the animal for a moment with hard leather belts, with slippers or even with rod of sticks until you have zebra crossings on your back. You don’t know whether to cry or to laugh. That is the immediate price of happening something good.
Nobody knows exactly as to how this GPL thing came into existence, but there isn't one who isn't aware of what happens in GPL. GPL stands for Gand Pe Laat. A friend of mine tells me that the concept of GPL originally started within a group of friends; when something good happens to one of the friend, others used to whip his ass (Gand) out of…

Thank You Mother Earth

A home for every existence A life of unlimited you nurture Fresh air and water, clean ambience The bound of kindness and patience You give, sustain and give And never are you fatigue Nor you restrain, rest or refuse Yet the greedy mind you gratify Wants more, exploits and doesn’t care
Here I stand healthy and walk with pride With all the luxurious glories of yours We know you can’t permanently give For this is the law you already know Wisely we shall use you and your wealth And advocate the message of early signs Which you displayed loud and clear Today, tomorrow or the next day We shall revive, protect and sustain
Thank you Mother Earth.....

13th October- Unforgettable Day

Life is strange you know.  So many things are happening and yet to us, it is the same and as usual. We hardly notice the change and the things that happen around us. Today is an important day for Bhutan and Bhutanese; a day to begin with prayer for long life of our king and queen; a day to celebrate over reminding ourselves that there is always hope with king and queen be side us at any cost.  I wish my king and queen a very happy wedding anniversary. May the land of thunder dragon always shine under your dynamic leadership and guidance! Unfortunately it was a bad and sad day for me! I nearly escaped deadly accident. I don’t know how many has been lucky enough just like me today at the very same time. Some are just so unfortunate.  Just yesterday before I went to bed, I had this very disturbing news from Perth, Australia about a brother of mine by relation who is studying under government scholarship. There was this very disturbing note by himself on Facebook, a heart breaking confess…