Tuesday 14 July 2015

On Boring Break

Our life is most of the time a battle between the expectation and reality. Life isn’t a bed of roses, yet as human being, who gives up battling? Who doesn’t wish and try for that glory and beauty of sunshine? Every one of us have our own right to battle, to fight and we are so consumed by such battles that we don’t often realize even how the time fleets away. In reality we like to battle! When others around us fares well, we envy them and we feel bad. Thus we strive to equate, we dream big, we aim for perfection although the word perfection is often misconstrued. What kind of thing is perfect anyway? Why do we have to copy others? Why can’t we find solace in our self? The life really sucks sometimes, everything is driven by competition. Why can’t we live our own? We say one thing and does another. We live and built castles on virtual world of expectations, we are paranoid to notice until when realities set in, until we are back to the square one and the cycle just repeats. Yet life goes on…..

Anyway since 8th July 13, 2015 it has been semester break for two weeks and you see there is yet again problem, I mean it is funny that we (I) don’t like either just the indefinite breaks without anything to do than to eat, sleep and stay glued with your computer, it is boring. I don’t situation is ideal? I have tried hard to bring back the interest in reading and finally today I am done with “The Ravine” by Robert Pascuzzi which is a good read about the evil, love, hope, forgiveness and the afterlife. It is a book full of inspirational sentences. It is a good antidote for stressed and depressed mind. Well, I ain’t a good reviewer, I leave it all for you to decide, but definitely I would recommend to read. Although it is most of it is to do with Jesus (the god), I feel the essence, and the message it conveys through a very captivating story is just applicable to whether one is Christian or not. Just read to know it for yourself.
My next book is “Three Marriages” by George Loukas. I don’t know how it is but this is yet another time pass for this cold winter semester break. What are you reading?

Happy days…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...