Monday 23 June 2014

A call with a friend


The Nokia tune of my mobile phone was ringing to its highest volume, the time was almost ten PM and I was half asleep. I normally go to bed early so that I am able to wake up early the next morning for my work, otherwise the worst day waits for me. The caller was my old school mate and a good friend. Somehow I had his contact number saved in my phone. It has been long time since we met in person. After twelfth standard, we had our own trace of path. He went to Doethang (JNP) and I went India to pursue B-Tech. Even in mobile it was long time ago that we talk. Suddenly I was nostalgic and suddenly I was smiling.

We talked a lot reminiscing the good and bad memories, funny and hard times during our primary and secondary school times; about how we played treasured marbles and walnuts, had silly fights, how we studied under the kerosene lantern, about how we used to rush for second shares during meal times. I am sure as boarder student, no one has had their stomach full; we were worse than hungry wolf and would rush for second share even faster than a cheetah can, and sadly at times we would lose even the amount of food we had in our plate, some would even fall into that mighty mess pot! Don’t you feel nostalgic? Yes we talked about it all. We talked how suddenly time had us divert to different path; how things change once we enter the world of work with new goals, new responsibilities, and new circle of friends with new definition of living. We both agreed that life is not very easy to manage; once you are employed, everyone looks up to you with expectations and when you are unable to do justice, we are often earmarked as ‘changed with chair’ although circumstances does and you still remain the old you.

In fact it is true when he said:  “As a kid and young adult when studying, everything I did was to demand, frequently ask parents and siblings to send money as if money was free-felled to them, but now when I am at their shoes, when I am asked with same kind, I can feel the pinch” But after a while we both consoled our self that, we ought to make life easy or life will never if we just blame, regret and that now is perfect time to help who helped us when we are able, when we are single and no family. It is the best time to taste the test of times, be it good or bad, that we must never let down people who sacrificed for us and pushed us with all their effort to this position. We must rather think of it as our responsibility, as our duty, no matter how much difficulties we face or how much compromises it involves, after all we only receive what we give as some say.


Our conversation suddenly got jumped from that funny talks to serious ones, perhaps we are no longer that small naughty kid and we were both rejuvenated. Perhaps without such memories and realizations, one can hardly think if at all we are growing up? You know, even a simple conversation can be so insightful. By the time we were short of words, it was already 11:30 PM. We said good night to each other and promised to keep in contact henceforth. Sometimes fifty bucks voucher is worth recharging than unnecessarily flirting with girls….:P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...