Friday 23 January 2015

Update for 2015

Blogging has been very much part of my life during college days. There was time when I had ample time to read interesting and insightful posts of fellow blogger friends; when I had lot of time to learn even though it was just the beginning for me. To me blogging isn’t really about writing myself, it is about getting to know, to learn from other friends, and make new friends. But not everything in life comes as you wish. So many things come up and ultimately it all boils down to priorities. Keep aside writing, I haven’t even been able to read what others write. Once you change the phases of so-called life, you get entangled into the web of so many things which are often unfathomable and life isn’t simple as yet.
Anyway the past few days have kept me quite busy not just by the work, but also domestically and personally. 12 and 13th of the month was one of the most important days of my life; some very important life decisions were made and I hope that I will be able to live up to it.  I wrote my first examination of the exams that are on the way of my career (for ab-initio training). My career is really full of examinations; I don’t know how but yes our brain can become so dull if we don’t make use of it time to time. Those concepts even the basics which were once on finger tips get vanished nowhere and it is funny that we can’t even solve some basic mathematical problems. Anyway it was all the more a lesson for the time to come and I only wish that I learn along the way.
For two days I had to visit Dzongkhag administration for some work and interestingly it was full of surprises.  One incident caught my attention so much so that I am sharing here. I was on queue to receive some forms and instructions; there was this elderly woman, perhaps at her sixties who was near a guy probably some assistant. By the look of that woman, she was bit tensed and hurried perhaps she had other works to do, but the guy was too busy with his computer.  The time was just past nine in the morning. The woman insisted him to do her work and he was telling her to wait, that he was busy while in the reality he was busy chatting (perhaps flirting!) on Face book. I felt pity for her lack of reading and writing, he was busy conversing and there were three pop-out chats on the screen of his computer.  I don’t know how much time he made that woman wait, but by the time I finished my work, she was gone. Hope she got what she wanted. That was when I thought how typical an office-goer can sometime be and fool someone little educated and how social media is a nuisance at times. I thought that the middle bureaucratic are not just productive, but also the ones where delays and problems for commoners like us are created, it is in the middle where the flow of work seem to get struck and missed at times which is but a bitter truth.
These days my dad is also with me and I have been trying hard to find time to spent with him and take him visits to important places around Paro and the capital. So far he has visited some important sites and I wish to take him more. Being for the first time, he seems amazed by so called modern life yet doesn’t seem to like much kind of life at here. For him, the days are too long and too difficult to end without something to do and he has already set a date to return back home. You see such is the nature of rural people they are never peaceful without something at hand or mind to engage with.

Still then until next time; have a good day folks…

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...