Saturday 10 November 2012

I ain't a good liar!

Lying is a sin from Buddhist point of view. It may be rewarded with all the praise and good image at the first instance until the other is aware of the reality, but once it is known and revealed, it disintegrates the social harmony and peaceful existence. It lessons the tight bond of trust, which is the very heart of any peaceful coexistence. It depreciates self authenticity and credibility.

Well, even after knowing all the bad qualities of lying, sometimes we can't refrain from lying! There are situations and circumstances in life where a LIE is necessary and inevitable. White lie, as it is commonly known does exist  in the society. Sometimes we lie to safe another's face from embarrassment, we lie out of ignorance, we say everything is good and fine, despite the fact that all isn't well. These are but the simple and basic situations where we lie which seems perfectly normal.

My situation is bit different here though. On 8th November evening, along with few of my friends, I went for blood test, particularly to do Dengue test. I had in my earlier pots written about the dengue case in Allahabad  which claimed a life one of the students of my college, but unfortunately the post is deleted by accident.
Any way, a friend of mine recently told me that even if we don't have the obvious symptoms of Dengue, the test results were sometimes positive. So thinking that it is always better safe than sorry, I decided to check myself, even though I have had no symptoms of dengue. Also the checking was done in the college premises free of cost, which came into existence as result of one day protest by the students on 31st October. Besides, I also wanted to know my blood pressure, the RBC and WBC counts.

"What are your signs and symptoms? What are you suffering from?" asked the man who was going to take the sample of my blood. "I had fever since today morning; I am also feeling uneasy and..............." I was stammered then! I also felt the change in my appearance in front of him. May be he knew that I was lying. He told me to take medicine for the fever and that there was no need for blood test. But, I insisted again, "I will take medicine and I want to have my blood test too, because I am afraid that I might have caught dengue"After a moment of my insistence, he agreed to take my sample for the blood test and I am yet to get the results.
That was when I realized how poor Liar I am, (for white lie as well!) I prepared before hand what to say, yet at that very moment, all the words vanished and I was stammering like an idiot! May be that was a lesson I needed to assure that it is always good to tell truth.

I am afraid, I ain't a good Liar. ...:P..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...