Saturday 19 January 2013

Homeland

Homeland is a psychological thriller, an American Television series which is aired in showtime Channel, premiered on October 2 2011. It is developed and created based on the original Israeli series the Prisoners of the wars.
From Google
Two seasons are finished as of now and a third season is also renewed which will be aired on September 20 2013.(source: Wikipedia) . Each season is of twelve episode of duration ranging from 45 to 60 minutes.

Last Thursday I was watching the 70th Golden globe Awards (2013) and the winners of most of the categories for the television series were from this political drama, and that was when I decided to watch and yeah as a matter of fact, I even bunked some of my classes and sacrificed even my sleeps to watch. It is so entertaining.


It is a series that makes you more intrigued and glued with lot of suspense,once you start. I particularly enjoyed (and even cried once...:P) watching it and I can't wait to watch the third season.

I particularly liked the character of Saul Berenson who is the CIA's (Central Intelligence Agency) Middle-East division chief and of course the protagonist, Carrie Mathison played by Clair Danes an Intelligence Officer, who after conducting the unauthorized operation in Iraq against al-Qaeda, is put on probation and reassigned to a a counter-terrorism center at Langley, Virginia.

The Internet says that this series the Homeland is also the favorite of USA's president Barack Obama and former president Bill Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...