Tuesday 2 October 2012

Wonderful Bodh Gaya Trip

In front of main Chorten
Bodh Gaya is a religious site and is the center of this very world. It is the place where past three Buddhas have attained enlightenment and the present Buddha- Sangay Sakyamunni sometime in 623 BC. There are so many important stories that makes the place a very sacred and important one to visit at least one time in our life.
This is for the second time that I visit the place, the first one being during the Moenlam Chennmo coinciding with Dukar Wangchen last winter. But that was just like a dream, amidst thousand of people, I couldn't even enter the main Chorten and it was also just for a day due to accommodation and other problems. This time it was a very relax and peaceful. We got to visit every place nearby.

Five of us; Dorji, Kinley, Yenten, karma and Myself had a very wonderful time there. We stayed in the Royal Bhutanese Monastery during our time at Bodh Gaya. We were also lucky enough that we met Lopen Khadu from Punakha who is Umzey in the monastery who helped us a lot and even acted as guide behind every sacred sites, we have visited.

Kinley, Dorji, Yenten, karma and Myself
If there is one thing that I will be always proud of and never be regretted by the placement I got at this very place- Allahabad, to pursue my degree, it is the chance I got to travel different places. Allahabad lies in the very center to all the important and sacred places, at least from Buddhist point of view. Varanasi is just a three hours drive by Bus, Kushi Nagar is few hours by bus and Bodh Gaya is just seven hours away by train.

With Lopen Khandu toward Jagoe Phung poi Re
I have also  been very fortunate to have wonderful friends, who knows the very meaning of being friend in times of both thick and thin and for this I am very much Thankful. There are so many moments I am going to cherish throughout in my life.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely post you have written. I am also not so far from Bodh Gaya. i would visit there in near future. Seems like you are a new blogger but you write awesome. If you are not yet the member of Blogyul, i would invite you there because it is a group of bloggers, you would enjoy being there. If you are already there, am sorry, :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I created the blog since 2010 but I hardly wrote and update it; but recently i have been inspired by the blogs i follow like you and other bloggers,I also get an ample of leisure time and this has been a good time pass.
    Regarding the Blogyul i think I was added by one blogger, thanks for the invitation any way and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahabodhi temple Mahabodhi Vihar or Mahabodhi Tree is a famous Buddhist vihara located in Land of Gautam Buddha Bodh Gaya. Listed in World Heritage by UNESCO.

    ReplyDelete

A decade of service

  Time does fly fast. It's already a decade into service. Looking back I don't really know if I have contributed anything solid to d...